What causes tremors?
itself the fork shakes. My teeth have been constantly chattering slightly. My family physician has prescribed
a test for Parkinson's Disease. One of my grandmothers and her daughter both had it, so I am worried.
I have had 3 Prolia shots for osteoporosis. Could that be a cause of these symptoms?
The test I will be taking is not for awhile so I need more info to possibly calm my fears.
I am otherwise quite healthy although have had a lot of stress these past 2 years.
Before I told my family doctor about the tremors I had a general annual checkup
which included blood tests. According to my doctor I did very well on the tests.
Right now I don't have a copy to send you.
Unrelated to prolia....
I empathize with you. Tremor has been one of the common symptom experienced by patients in your age. The cause can vary from age related changes, drug effects, essential tremors to parkinsonism. However I would exclude prolia shot as the cause here since there are no such reports with this drug.
Parkinsonism is a condition that is diagnosed clinically. So if you are otherwise very healthy and active, it is less likely to be parkinsonism. That being said, your doctor will assess whether or not you have rigidity and slowness of activities before ruling out parkinsons. There are multiple other clinical symptoms associated with parkinsons that you will find them on internet search. If you have none of those (besides the tremor offcourse), then you can place the chances of being diagnosed as parkinsons.
Therefore in this context, this tremor may be due to essential tremors or age related senile tremors. I would run few tests that will include a quick thyroid and metabolic work up before starting treatment (which will be betablockers).
Hope I am clear with my advice. Please feel free to ask for clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes anemia and tremors
- What causes sudden body tremors
- What could cause tremors in heart
- What causes nausea and body tremors
- What causes tremors in hands and lips
- What is the cause of tremors in chest
- What causes tremors in high altitude
- What causes tremor during pregnancy
- What causes body tremors
- What causes familial tremors
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...