What causes toothache after taking Clindamycin?
Yes, this is normal.
Thank you for your query.
1. Yes, these pains are due to the infection and inflammation.
2. The roots of the upper teeth are in close relation to the floor of the maxillary sinuses, with very thin bone between them and which may also be dehiscent (missing) in places.
3. The pain in the jaw and ears is usually referred pain due to common nerve supply or, in the case of ear pain, due to Eustachian tube dysfunction due to the sinusitis.
4. Supportive medication such as anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic mucolytics, decongestants and steam inhalation is given besides antibiotics to help relieve these common symptoms.
If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does meth cause toothaches
- Toothache after taking azibact 500
- Can neurosis cause toothache
- What causes toothache in a four year old child
- Backache causes toothaches
- Clindamycin for toothache
- How long does it take clindamycin to work on a toothache
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- Cpap mask causing toothache
- Toothache is causing numbness in lips
- Can an energy drink prior to blood test increase RBC levels ?
- Unstable,unable to walk independently and properly,on Vertinal and...
- Flu symptoms,throat and roof of mouth sore,coughed bright red blood,any...
- Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when...
- Pain,stiffness,swelling in knees,X-ray,arthritis developing,knee...
- Amoebriz dosage for adults and children
- Eustachian tube dysfunction, ear virus, sick on planes, scopolamine,...
- Pea sized nodule in tongue, painful, affecting speech, tooth pain, jaw...
- What causes jawline lumps?
- Double bypass, respiratory failure, nose bleeds, selective embolization