What causes tingling in pubic hair and itching in anus?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have tingling in my pubic hair and itching and anus everyday but I have never had sex before
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Povidone Iodine /Dermatologist's opinion if needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for our query.
Sex has no relation to the tingling and itching in pubic hair and anal area.

This is possibly due to skin irritation due to dermatitis, retained soaps and chemicals if you are using deoderants / scents. Stop these if you are using.

Another possibility is infection of some sort of the skin.

Apply liquid Povidone Iodine available over the counter to the whole area twice daily, let is dry before you ear clothes.

If there are lesions on this skin like small wounds, if the itching is more at night only, you may consult a Dermatologist to have a proper diagnosis like scabies or any other skin disease to get a proper treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj