question-icon

What causes swollen frenulum after circumcision?

Posted on Tue, 10 Jan 2017
Question: Hello I had a circumcision done 4 weeks ago everything is pretty much healed but my frenulum looks like it's enlarged or swollen. Is this normal and is there any methods or procedures that can help expedie this healing process
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (10 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It is normal and takes 6-8 weeks to be completely normal .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Swelling of the frenulum is normal after circumcision and takes 6-8 weeks to heal up and become normal

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist