What causes swelling under the eye towards the ridge of the nose?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jul 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: On my boyfriend's face there's a swelling under my eye and along the ridge of my nose where it's starting to close my eye! Been taking Prilosec for almost two weeks, could it be that?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The swelling is not related to Prilosec.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

It seems from the history that your boy friend is having swelling under the eye towards the ridge of the nose.
This is not related to Tablet Prilosec. Tablet prilosec contains omeprazole and it is used for treatment of acidic diseases of stomach like gastritis, gastric ulcer, gastric acid reflux disease.... Prilosec is not known to cause any swelling near the eye as a side effect.

The common causes for swellings near the nose under the eye are swellings of lacrimal sac, cystic swellings like dermoid cyst, sebaceous cyst, swellings of the glands of the skin....

If possible do send a photo of the affected eye and little more information so that I can answer your question more accurately,
Any symptoms of eye like watering, discharge...?
Any inflammatory symptoms like pain, redness?

Please do provide the above mentioned information so that I can answer your question more accurately.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you