What causes swelling in the left knee in an elderly patient?
Osteoarthritis is there.
I have gone through your query, she is suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee.
She can do hot fomentation, physiotherapy and take Diacerine BD for three months, inj Cortisone was ok now she can take Aceclofenac and Paracetamol 2-3 times daily for pain.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- What causes soreness and pain in left knee
- What causes numbness and popping sensation in in left knee
- What causes knee swelling after an injury
- What causes swelling and numbness in both knees
- What causes swelling on back of the knees
- What causes swelling in jointshandsankles and knees
- What causes knee swelling and dizzy spells
- What causes severe knee pain with swelling on foot
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below