What causes swelling and peeling of lips?
Thanks for your query.
I have seen the image you have attached here. The swelling in the lip your wife has is typically seen in allergic reaction. Such allergy can be due to food material or vegetable related allergens.
Zyrtec is the best remedy. The complete cure involves avoiding the allergen. Identifying the allergic is a difficult task. You may have to identify and avoid the allergen for few weeks or months for the reaction to occur never again.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elbows to peel
- What causes itching and swelling in vaginal lip
- What causes swelling of lips with blisters
- What causes peeling fingertips
- What would cause my lips to swell and be sore
- What causes the vulva to peel
- What is the cause and treatment for swelling of lips
- Dry peeling lips causes
- What diseases can cause lips to swell
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling