What causes sudden shortness of the breath?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Recently I have had an unusual shortness on breath. Greenish Yellow mucus coughed up. Deep breath wheezing (sounds like a cat at distance). No Feaver. I feel fine other than shortness of breath. Tired possibly from not getting enough oxygen.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably Pneumonia,consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome in HCM.

I have gone through your concern and i will give you some informattions regarding your situation.

According to your symptoms that you have (breathlessness,cough with greenish-yellow sputum) i would not recommend to you any medication prior doing some examinations as follows:

Hemogram
CRP
Chest X Ray
Sputum culture for microorganisms
Antibiogram
EKG
ABG

If the above tests are negative you should do a:

Spirometry test

In my opinion based in your complains it might be an infection of the lung tissue (pneumonia).
So better to see your doctor who for sure will advice you to do the above tests and after having the results will prescribe you antibiotics, mucolitics, symptomatics and probably inhalers to relive your breathing.

You will feel better in a short period after beginning the proper treatment.

Feel free to ask me again

Best wishes

Dr.Jolanda

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T