What causes sudden feeling of cold, shivering and pain in hands?
this is probably an infection
feeling cold and shivering is usually what we call "rigor" or "chills" and in most cases is due to an infection. He's got to visit his doctor for clinical examination to identify potential causes. Rigor in itself is not sufficient to determine the kind of infection. Symptoms like cough, abdominal pain, etc may help to localize the infection (if an infection is indeed the problem).
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
the symptoms are not specific enough
His symptoms are not specific enough to even 'guess' what's the problem. You'd better check his temperature first. After the shivering stops (it usually lasts for 15-20 minutes) you can measure the temperature. If you try to measure it before the shivering stops you may get falsely low results.
Symptoms that usually accompany more serious diseases include serious shivering (you should hear his teeth rattling), severe headache (particularly with nuchal pain), chest pain when breathing, abdominal or flank pain. The lack of such symptoms does not exclude serious disease.
If he has a high temperature then a doctor should see him.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause lightheadedness dizziness cold hands and nausea feeling
- What causes frequent cold and throat pain
- Cold hands cold feet causes
- What causes recurring cold and cough with throat pain
- Pain in back is cold the cause what medication
- Coldness and shivering caused by seizures
- Feeling cold and pain in the legs causes
- Is icy cold feeling caused due to nerve pain
- What causes chest pain in cold weather
- Rib pain while shivering with cold what is the cause