What causes sudden fainting?
Welcome to HCM.
See following are the possibilities:
Since you got faint after you had done workout so possibility of Syncope is there.
One can pass urine in syncope also.
However to rule out seizure on basis of history I need following details as the medicine you are taking is for seizure disorder.
1. Did you have a tongue bite?
2. If anyone witnessed the event were you told to have been jerking.
3. For how much time you remained unconscious?
4. Did you come to know that you are about to get unconscious or it was abrupt?
Revert with these details for a better help.
Dr Anshul Varshney.
The description given by you seems to be Seizure.
Since your MRI and EEG are normal so it might be Acute Symptomatic Seizure or Idiopathic Seizure disorder.
I would recommend you to continue with the medicine as advised by your doctor.
Usually treatment is given for 2 years and then gradually drug is withdrawn. If there is relapse we start the medication again.
So you have to continue with the medication as advised.
We also advise the seizure patients not to cross the road lonely and should avoid driving and operating machinery.
You should also take proper sleep and should not get sleep deprived.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Yes you can do exercises but avoid running on treadmill and using heavy machines in gym.
This is just because in case you get a seizure again, you might get seriously injured.
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the reason of sudden fainting
- Treatment and cure for sudden fainting
- Symptoms of sudden fainting
- Sudden fainting spells
- Sudden fainting breathlessness what is the issue
- Sudden faintness nausea
- What causes sudden fainting followed by dizziness
- What causes sudden fainting followed by headache and nausea
- What causes sudden fainting and vomiting
- Sudden fainting causes