What causes sudden bruising on arm when on Xarelto?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a bruise on my arm ,think is a broken blood vessel,I am on xarelto is there any danger of a blood clot? I am 81 yrs. Diabetic insulin?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your INR Tested.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend,
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Spontaneous bruise on your arm indicates that the anti coagulation is more then what is required.
It doesn't mean that your blood is clotting and you would develop a clot. It means your blood is getting more anti coagulated that is thin, then what is required.
I would advise you to immediately get your PT/INR tested.
Review with the report.
Stay Healthy.