What causes stomach pain and mucus in stool post intake of Kaopectate?
Giardiasis or Amoebiasis
Thanks for the query.
The description about the bowel movements and stool appearance reminds me of giardiasis or Amoebiasis. They are parasites and not bacteria.
You need a good course of anti parasitic drugs like Mebendazole or Albendazole. Alternatively there are some good gut bacteria that turn bad sometimes and cause such movements they can be killed by Metronidazole type of medicines. Later these good bacteria can be replenished with external supplements like Lactobacillus.
All in all I feel you need a course of anti infective agents prescribed by your doctor only as they are with prescription.
Till then have soft and bland food that is easily digestible in nature.
Hope this is useful answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes bloody stools and stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What causes constant stomach pains
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes persistent stomach pain