What causes spasms of muscles?
Spasms of muscles or twitchings of muscles are due to various reasons. Vitamin D deficiency , dehydration and hypothyroidism can cause musle cramps, but not spasms. I beleive what you have is muscle spasm, not cramps.
Will you be able to attach a short video of muscle spasms ??
We need to do a neurology testing to find oout the cause of spasm. Some viral infections can cause this and usually it will recover.
You have mentioned that calcium levels are normal now. Hypercalcemia and Hypocalcemia, both can cause spasms. But since calcium is normal, they are not the cause. Have you had blood tests for sodium, potassium and magnesium?
Another important, but rare disorder which can cause diffuse spasms is MOTOR NEURON DISEASE. This is a rare disorder and i would keep this at the bottom of the list.
Thyroid nodule has nothing to do with the muscle spasms and it appear to be too small for a biopsy.
Dear, you need a neurology evaluation. There are many other clinical examination clues which will guide a doctor in your case. We need to look at your tendon reflexes and other clinical clues.
Can you please tell me if you have had blood tests for sodium, pottassium and magnesium ?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes muscle spasms
- What causes painful muscle spasm in lower back
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What is the cause and treatment for muscle spasms
- What causes eye muscle spasms
- What causes regular muscle spasms in the body
- What causes terrible muscle spasms in my arm
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What could be the cause for severe abdominal muscle spasms
- What causes muscle spasms symptoms