What causes soreness in body, headache and diarrhoea after lifting heavy weight?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been lifting heavy objects to help someone move for the past week. Last night my friend fell down and couldn't get up herself so I used all my strength to lift her up. Then a few hours after that my whole body is soar and have a light headache and also diarrhea soon after I drink or eat little food.
I took Advil to every 6 hours to help with pain so I can sleep. My muscles are so tired that it is difficult for me to get up. So I have been in bed for 22 hours resting and had diarrhea 5 times already.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment required.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

I have read your query and understand the concern.

This symptoms could be due to muscle pain due to lifting heavy weight amd generally they subside by symptomatic treatment and taking complete bed rest.

Take over the counter pain killers like diclofenac with paracetamol on as and when required basis.you can also continue with advil which you are taking already.

Take antacids after meal like ranitidine 150 mg or pantoprazole 40 mg to avoid drug induced gastritis.

Drink excess of water with fruit juices (especially coconut water) frequently in a day.

Take prebiotics 3 or 4 times daily like lactobaccillus tablets and racecadotril sachets with water which are available over the counter to prevent diarrhea.

Take antispasmodics like dicyclomine or mebeverine if you experience abdominal pain.

As you seem to be having non-infective diarrhea they are likely to be subsided with symptomatic treatment within couple of days and in case if not,then see some local doctor or GP who will give your appropriate antibiotic course (oflxacin and ornidazole) with other symptomatic drugs.

Take bed rest for 2 or 3 days to relieve from all the symptoms,after that you can resume your daily work.

Hope this will help you.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 5 minutes later
Thank you so much for your answer. It really helps.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your quick reply and most welcome.