What causes small lesion over glans penis?
Traumatic ulcer, need to rule out std
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached picture.
You surely have a small ulcerative lesion over the glans penis. Now I would like to tell you that in most cases, this is not really a cause of concern since it can be traumatic in nature.
I would like to know if there is any associated pain or itching?
Any outside contact in the recent past?
Are you applying anything over it?
Any similar lesions in the past?
I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the details .
Dr Geetika Paul
Traumatic ulcer, take local treatment
I do not really see a cause of great concern since the last time you had a contact with someone was long back.
So it looks more like a trauma induced ulcer.
Local care of the lesion is very important . You should clean the affected area with lukewarm saline water twice a day followed by application of a topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin over the affected areas .
Do not apply any other cream or oil over it .
I am sure this treatment should help in healing the lesion in five to seven days.
In case it still tends to persist or by any chance it tends to increase in size or cause more discomfort, then you might need a course of oral antibiotics .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is frenuloplasty or circumcision better for foreskin over glans penis
- Fine macular rash glans penis causes
- What causes whitegrey spots on glans penis and foreskin
- Glans penis length human
- What causes redshiny and flattened spots on glans penis
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the glans penis causes
- Purplish discoloration of glans penis
- Glans penis corona has purple lesion
- What is flaccid glans penis
- Glans penis wrinkles lines