question-icon

What causes shrinking of penis?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: I have a question about my penis. over the last year it has shrunk in size during its flaccid state. I do use Viagra to get an erection and it is it's normal size until sometime after intercourse. I am about 80lbs over weight but have been the same weight for 8 yrs. the only other medications I take is for High blood pressure. I am 51 yrs old and I don't like my penis diapering even if its in the flaccid state.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Shrinking of the penis woild requires further workup before any treatment is initiated. Hormone profile for testosterone should be done to assess for any need of hormone replacement. Low testosterone can lead to a reduced penis size. The average /approximate length of a flaccid penis is 3.6 inche. So if it falls in that range then there is no need for further treatment. BP needs to be controlled as it's a risk factor for hypertension.

let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

Dr M.S Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil