What causes difficulty in sleeping when diagnosed with low thyroid function?
About your concern:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern!
Adrenal insufficiency (or adrenal exhaustion), is a pathology that needs to be corrected before the thyroid hormone (levothyroxine) is started because an increased thyroid function may deteriorate the situation.
One week after hydrocortisone is started for adrenal insufficiency, may be added levothyroxine to correct thyroid function too.
These pathologies can not be corrected with diet and may be fatal if the treatment is not taken correctly.
I can understand your actual situation, but once hydrocortisone is started the symptoms will improve within a few days.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of low thyroid function
- What causes a swollen thyroid
- Low thyroid function causes
- Symptoms of low thyroid function
- What infections cause thyroiditis
- Drugs/medication for low thyroid function
- What causes hashimotos thyroiditis
- What causes thyroid problems
- Non allergic rhinitis related to low thyroid function
- Treatment and cure for low thyroid function
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?