What causes shortness of breath in a person with asthma?
Possibility of COPD is more in your case.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You had asthma since 10 years.
So chronic persistent asthma can cause COPD (chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease) in later part of life.
You are also having past history of smoking.
So at present, you are mostly having COPD.
No need to worry for lung cancer as your CT scan is not showing any mass lesion. Small nodules might be a healed foci.
But you should get done repeat CT thorax after 6 months to see the size of nodules. If it is same or regressing then no need to worry for lung cancer.
Please let me know your PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) report.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Asthma what causes fever and hotcold flushes
- Causes of asthma
- Shortness of breath in hot weather is it asthma
- What is causing nausea and asthma
- Dopergin cause asthma
- What causes nausea when on prednisone for asthma treatment
- Can trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing be due to asthma?
- Asthma .imy asthma causes
- What causes palpitations in bronchial asthma
- Lexapro causing asthma