What causes severe pain in posterior upper thigh?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am able to stand and sit without pain but am unable to walk--pain is in my posterior upper thigh--on my left "seat bone"...am being treated with PT and rest--no hx trauma--sudden onset 6 weeks ago ..,pain in left hip and inner thight(now resolved) treated for hip bursitis (have total hip implant left--xrays find no abnormalities)...pain is significant with adduction...what further treatment should I seek...must return to work in 3 weeks and still cannot walk without a cane--and that is very painful...
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rest and analgesic are of help

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. If you pain is not relieved by this you can take strong analgesic such as tramadol after prescription as it is prescription medicine. Rest will be helpful. vitamin B and C helpful in recovery from pain. Further advise can be given only after seeing x Rays, if you can please upload x ray. You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon