What causes severe pain and swelling in the abdomen?
Dyspepsia with gas.
Speller and grammar checker English
Have seen your details and I appreciate your concerns.
As per query most likely you are having dyspepsia characterised by Abdominal bloating. It usually gives you a sense of fullness in your stomach below navel and can cause your abdomen to appear larger and swelled up. Lower abdominal pain, or pelvic pain, refers to discomfort that occurs at or below your belly button and is commonly seen in it.
I would suggest you to take a proton pump inhibitor like Omeprazole twice daily with an antispasmodic like Dicyclomine twice.In case pain does not respond to it and ultrasound abdomen has to be done.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in abdomen and vomiting during pregnancy
- What causes severe pain in abdomen when sneezing
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- What causes severe pain ans swelling in vagina
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses