What causes severe hair loss in a 10 year old girl?
Is there a preceding cause or predisposing factor?
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Diffuse hair loss can be due to either Telogen effluvium which is defined as sudden precipitous hair loss due to a variety of causes e.g preceding medical illness (like jaundice, mononucleosis etc) Or preceding surgery (like appendicitis) over the past 1-3 months, due to weight loss or crash dieting, iron deficiency, thyroid dysfunction etc. Alopecia areata can also be a cause of diffuse hair loss.
Is there something significant in the recent past few months?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- 21 year old with severe hair loss any natural treatment
- 25 year old having severe hair loss any treatment
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss