What causes severe chest pain?

Question
Hi

Yesterday I had a server chest pain for close to 30 min and it disappeared. I'm bit worried on this. I eat Food most of the time outside due to which i face a lot of Gastric Problems also. Is it might be a cause of Gastric or Actual Heart Problem. My weight is 78 Kg and height is 5 feet 11 inches, Have no bad habits
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly GERD

Detailed Answer:

As you state, that you had severe chest pain for 30mins and later it relieved on itself. You have lots of gastric problems and you usually have hotel food suggests that the pain might be due to GERD. It's Gastroesophageal reflux disease and the pain could be due to oesophageal spasm.

It so happens that the lower end of oesophagus(food pipe) which is attached to the stomach, contracts itself to avoid any reflux of gastric juice from the stomach.

As you are in your 20s, a cardiac problem would be difficult but it would be better to just rule out any cardiac ailments. For this you need to get an ECG and if required further investigations.

Follow these instructions which will help you in improving your gastric conditions:
1. Consume plenty of water and fruit juices. A min of 2 - 3 ltrs/day.
2. You can consume a glass of water an hour before and after every meal. This will make sure that you are getting adequate amount of water.
3. Have meals at regular intervals.
4. Avoid spicy and oily food. As much as possible try to have home food.
5. Take Tab Gelusil three times a day, half an hour before food and as when you sense heartburns.
6. Antacids like Pantoprazole 40mg, once a day might be required.
7. Considering yours to be a sedentary lifestyle, have a water bottle on your desk and keep sipping water now and then or whenever you have heartburns.
8. Follow regular physical exercises and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes severe chest pain? 16 minutes later
Thanks for the speedy reply
Dr. XXXXXXX Bhandari

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

Regards.