What causes sensitivity to dust mights and penicillium mold?
can you please give me any information you can on how to avoid or identify Penicillium mold. I have enough info on the dust mites.
Avoid dark damp places
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
First, I would like to tell you that a skin allergy test can identify many such household things one is allergic to which however one cannot avoid. Dust and molds are such things.
Molds are basically fungal growths on decaying materials, like fruits or food and also you can see these in damp dark places, like corners or ceilings of damp rooms etc. You cannot identify penicilllium molds with normal eyes. It can only be detected on microscope. There can be many molds of mucor, aspergillus, fusarium, penicillium together. So my suggestion would be to avoid all molds - household exposure to molds which you can do precisely and wear surgical masks when you go outside and avoid dark damp places. That should be protective.
Hope this was useful.
Consult me for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes super sensitive skin
- What might be the cause for testicular inflammation
- What causes sensitivity on torso
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- What is the cause of sensitive bump on clitoris
- What is the cause of sensitive vagina
- What causes sensitive clitoris
- What might be the cause of barking cough
- What might be the cause of preterm birth
- What might be cause of abnomal headache