What causes running nose along with fatigue and fever?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: So I am very weak (couldn't even a pill bottle) have a slight fever. Mucus and Saliva is green. My cough sounds like I've been a smoker for 50 years and im 27. I don't smoke. I have constant running noses. My taste buds are gone except I can tolerate apple sauce and the naked fruit vitamin c drinks. My throat is the only thing that doesn't hurt. Do I have bronchitis ?
Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be acute Bronchitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Thank you for posting in Health Care Magic.

According to the symptoms that you described, it can be acute bronchitis. Since you are not a smoker, the other most frequent cause of bronchitis may be the viruses. That means that the antibiotics, normally are not recommended, because they kill bacterias, not viruses. You have to do a sputum culture. This will show if you have patogen bacterias or fungi.

It is very important to get rid of the mucus, and the best thing you can do is to drink plenty of liquids, around 8 glasses 250ml. This will make the mucus to come out more easily.
Eat plenty of warm soup and drink warm herblal tea also.

Very good that you are taking Vit c, that will help with the immune system. Staying home and not stressing or working is essential to help the organism fight the disease.

Normally the acute bronchitis will go away alone in a week with the proper taking care.

If you have other question, please feel free to post them.

Dr. Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T