question-icon

What causes retroverted uterus during pregnancy?

Posted on Tue, 28 Jul 2015
Question: My uterus is still retroverted at 20+ weeks. The other doctor walked into the room during my ultrasound and mentioned how retroverted it is; however my doctor does not seem concerned as she said it is not stuck in the pelvic bone. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Precaution advised

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome to Health Care Magic Forum. I have gone through your query in detail and would like to reassure you that its not a matter of great concern. it is only problematic when it causes frequent micturition or urinary tract infection. if you have none of these symptoms then there is no need ti worry. although i will advise you to sleep on any side position. Try nit to sleep in supine ( straight) . If you have bany other query I will be happy to help . Regards Dr Manisha Jain i.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN