What causes retroperitoneal tumor?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 1 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a retro peritoneal neoplasm that could not be accessed during surgery by my obgyn / general abdominal removal of ovaries and cysts. What approaches are possible for the specialist to use for the follow up surgery for removal of the mass?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. Please provide further details

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the details.
I would like to know the histopathological diagnosis as well as the exact location of the tumor.
If the tumor is not surgically amenable, we offer a few courses of chemotherapy to downsize it. After that it can be easily taken off. In some cases. radiation can also be used prior to surgery.
Please provide the details so that i can guide you more better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina