What causes redness of the eyes?

Question
hi, my moms eye is super red. should I take her to emergency? I'm worried
5 days ago in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis: Subconjunctival Hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

I have gone through your query and the attached picture.
The redness seen in your mom's eyes in due bleeding from small blood vessels underneath the superficial layer of eye, called subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in people taking medications like aspirin,bleeding disorders, trauma or spontaneously without any underlying problems.It is not be worried about unless it occur recurrently.The redness will go away in 10 to 14 days. If she does not notice any improvement in a week, follow up with your primary care provider.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi