What causes redness of the eyes?
Diagnosis: Subconjunctival Hemorrhage
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your query and the attached picture.
The redness seen in your mom's eyes in due bleeding from small blood vessels underneath the superficial layer of eye, called subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in people taking medications like aspirin,bleeding disorders, trauma or spontaneously without any underlying problems.It is not be worried about unless it occur recurrently.The redness will go away in 10 to 14 days. If she does not notice any improvement in a week, follow up with your primary care provider.
Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red eye and headaches
- What causes severe redness in eyes
- What causes irritation redness and pain in the eyes
- What causes red eyes symptoms
- What causes sudden redness in the eye
- What causes red eyes after shower
- What is the cause of a red and swollen eye
- What causes a red blothcy eye
- What is the cause of red patch in eye
- What causes bloodshot red eyes