Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What causes redness in eye corner with swelling and puffiness of eye lids?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
Hi, the corner of my right eye has been red and inflamed (completely different shape to my left one) for a couple of months now. When i wake up its at its worst my eye lids are all puffy and seen to be full of liquid. The whites of my eye near the corner close to my noise goes all red. I can costaly feel my eye, but i cant really discibe how it doesnt burn. Its really sensitive to wind.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is because of Inflammation of the eyelid margin Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr.Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having redness of the corner of the right eye associated with swelling and puffiness of eye lids. This can be because of inflammation of the corner of the eye lid margin and the adjacent portion of the conjunctiva or white part of the eye. The common causes are angular conjunctivitis and chronic dacryocystitis. Angular conjunctivitis usually presents as chronic condition and presents with itching associated with watering, redness and puffiness of the eye lids. Chronic dacryocystitis presents with watering and discharge of the eyes along with a swelling medial to the eyes. The initial treatment for both the causes is by using antibiotic eye drops and antiinflammatory drugs. As both these conditions run a long course you require consultation with a eye doctor for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment under supervision. If you can send me a photo of the affected eye I can advice you more accurately. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor