What causes red and itchy spots on face and neck?

Oncologist
Question
hi. I have daily red spots showing on my face or neck. they are red, hot and itchy. They come and go and last approx. 1hour. What can be the problem

Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Monish De 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Application of ice

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The daily red spots showing on your face or neck which come and go are pimples.
It is an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands become infected with bacteria, swell up, and fill with pus.

You can wrap ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds. Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.
When used repeatedly on the pimples throughout the day, ice helps reduce inflammation or swelling and will immediately soothe your skin.

Still I would like to see a photograph of the lesions so that I am better able to help.

Hope I have answered your query

DR De

Follow-up: What causes red and itchy spots on face and neck? 49 minutes later
I think I was not very clear when I asked the question. The spots are not pimples are not swallowed. are like a red dot on the skin . no inflammation, just itchiness.
They started almost one year ago to appear from time to time, now I have them daily. as I said they come and go in 1 hour time, without me doing anything.
2 years ago I did a food intolerance test and I discovered that I am intolerant to several foods. (casein in milk, beans, so on). I ignored the results and continued eating sometimes healthy, sometimes excess of sweets and food. my opinion is that these spots are related to allergies or food intolerance. approx. 1 month ago I start having a severe itchiness in the anal area, also. what is your opinion, doctor, can they be related to a digestive problem ?

Answered by Dr. Monish De 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antihistamine tablets

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are intolerant to several foods like casein in milk, beans etc the red spots showing on your face or neck and itchiness in anal area are due to food allergy.
It is an immune system reaction that occurs soon after eating a certain food.
It is not a digestive problem.

U can take antihistamine tablets twice daily for 3 days soon after when u see the red spots on your face and neck.

DR De