question-icon

What Causes Rashes All Over The Body?

Posted on Mon, 20 Nov 2017
Question: Had a flu shot Wed-Thurs a rash started and now my worstwhole body is covered in hives and rash. Went to Clinic and was given Atarx, Zantac, Benadryl, and Kenalog creme the rash and hives are getting worst
What can I do?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Take short course of oral steroids

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
You seem to be having an allergic reaction to the flu vaccine.
I would recommend you to continue with these medicines as reaction takes few days to subside.
If it is getting worse I would recommend you to take short course of oral steroids like tablet prednisolone 20 mg once daily for 5-7 days.
This will help in getting rid of the rashes faster.
Steroids are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist