What causes protruding bone on the top of the shoulder?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Thank you for taking my question. On my right shoulder on top my bone is sticking out not to much pain but i just noticed it Im in good shape 56 years old and an ultra runner 5 "4 122 lbs. female. Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Did you get any trauma?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully and it is suggestive of a possible problem with the scapula. However, that will not make sense unless you have at least had some form of recent trauma. If that is correct, please let me know.

Please, kindly report if you have had any recent or past trauma with this right shoulder. I Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
no trauma I just woke up like that
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry!

Detailed Answer:

With no pains and no history of trauma, there is no reason to worry. Just put and eye on it and only seek further medical attention if something else comes up.