question-icon

What causes polyps like bumps on the external region of the anus?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: I have recently noticed what I assume to be pollyps on the exterior of my anus. Well I say recently, but it wasa year ago I noticed the first and didn't think much of it. now it has beena year and 5 months and now there are about 20. They appear to have a stem like structure and some for the lack of better words flower out. Others just seem to be bumps like acne or an ingrown hair. All is exterior as far as I can tell. Please tell me any useful information you can?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
seems like anal warts

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concerns.

The description fits well with anal warts, a disease of skin caused by human papillomavirus.

However, This is treatable with local therapy and antiviral drugs. Please consult a dermatologist for help.

Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up.
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist