What causes pimples on the arms and legs with flu symptoms?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Currently in Jamaica on vacation, for another week. Staying at a rental condo, very clean and high end.

Shingle type pimples have appeared on only my lower arms and legs. Along with flu like symptoms, cough,running nose, sore throat , headache and sore/watering right eye. Are very itchy.

Not scabies or bed bugs, nor sand fleas. No one else in the family has it.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Papular urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
I can see urticated, eroded, papulonodular lesions.
I will keep a possibility of papular urticaria - it is an allergic reaction to either insect bites, fleas or bed bugs etc. The inciting cause may not always be obvious or may be related to outdoor activity.
Lesions of papular urticaria usually presents on exposed/uncovered skin surfaces.
Personal or family history of atopy may be present.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 %cream Or triamcinolone acetonide0.1 %cream, twice daily.
In addition you may take a tab cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
I also suggest you to wear long sleeves and trousers so as to keep yourself covered.