What causes persistent pain in the groin post-surgery?
All guidelines in details given herewith.
* As the intensity of pain is more, there is possibility of inflammation of the spermatic cord, nerve compression or others.
* Suggestions at present
- Avoid weight lifting, tight clothing.
- Check to have regular, smooth bowel movements.
- Continue advil 3 times a day after meals.
- Heating pad application 5 minutes each 3 times a day.
- Consult your surgeon for possible need of ultrasound or MRI as per the clinician evaluation.
* Follow up advisable with details of surgery and reports before surgery, if available for better assistance.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in hamstring buttockslowerback and groin areas
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What could cause mild pain in the groin area
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What is the cause for stinging pain on left groin
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes gas and groin pain
- What causes groin pain area following masturbating
- What cause of groin pain after two operations
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools