What causes persistent night sweats and drooling?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Drooling can often be a normal phenomenon in many people, so in itself if there are no other associated phenomena, no seizure manifestations, may not be that significant.
Persistent night sweats on the other hand may be a manifestation of several symptoms and requires some attention, particularly if there are other symptoms such as weight loss. It may be a manifestation of some infections (TBC, brucellosis etc), some blood malignancies like lymphoma, elevated thyroid function, sleep apnea etc.
So to screen for some of those conditions a general physical exam by your primary physician and some routine blood tests are recommended, like blood count (for changes of white blood cells due to infection or lymphoma), inflammation markers (ESR, CRP), thyroid function, blood glucose. A sking test for tuberculosis may be considered. If there is a history of snoring overnight and daytime sleepiness then sleep studies (polysomnography - recording of brain activity during sleep through electrodes on the scalp) to check for obstructive sleep apnea (which may be associated with drooling as well).
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats after gallstone surgery
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes excessive night sweats
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...