question-icon

What causes penile vein thrombosis?

Posted on Fri, 6 Jan 2017
Question: I felt one of the vein on my penis is hardening and cause pain during intercourse
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It is thrombosed tributary of Lateral Dorsal Superficial Vein of Penis .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,
A hard vein on shaft of the penis is a one of the dilated and thrombosed tributary of Lateral Dorsal Superficial Vein of Penis which is seen in many normal individuals .

Normally it does not pose any difficulty in sexual intercourse .But if it is causing painful erection and difficulty in performing sex you may apply Heparin sodium Gel( Thrombophob )or ointment locally twice daily for a week..

There is no active intervention that is needed .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist