What causes painful swelling in the testicles?
Go to ER
Thanks for sending the query.
There are a few possibilities here but bottom line is that this should be evaluated ASAP.
One possibility is testicular torsion - a true emergency that occurs when there is twisting of the tubes and vessels that are connected to the testicle.
Other possible causes include epididymiitis which is inflammation of one of the tubes connected to the testicle. this is often treated with antibiotics.
In order to find the true cause of your symptoms and minimize risk of damage to the testicle it is important that you have this evaluated as soon as possible by your local doctor.
Thanks again for the query,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause testicle pain
- What causes swelling of testicles
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes dull pain in testicles
- What is the cause for radiating testicle pain
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in testicles
- What causes terrible pain in the testicles
- What causes pain in the right testicle
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles
- What causes swelling of the epidydimus on testicle