What causes painful intercourse?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I experience great pain while attepting intercourse-penetration is impossible
Answered by Dr. S Patra 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.

Detailed Answer:

At this age group, sexual intercourse may be painful due to inadequate arousal, caused by low estrogen level or hormonal imbalance.

Vaginal dryness, pelvic infection, blunt trauma also can cause sexual intercourse MORE painful with difficult penetration. One pelvic examination to your OBGYN will be worthwhile in this case.

Some measures are to be taken for easy and smooth sexual intercourse:

1) Your partner must indulge in lots of foreplay to arouse you in top level and it helps to increase vaginal lubrication before penetration. You can use ESTROGEN cream around vaginal region at bed time for proper functioning of bartholin gland and more lubrication.

2) You would be in more relaxed state and both of you will create a romantic environment so that you can focus and enjoy your sex. You must avoid mental stress or emotional upset.

3) You must use water-based lube (like KY gel or VAGISIL etc) inside vagina for easier penetration. Pelvic or vaginal infection should be properly treated.

4) It's important that you must communicate what feels good and what doesn't. You can let him know what you need by saying like a little slower or harder or just like that and so on.

5) Also, you can try a woman-on-top position, which will put you in control of the depth and rhythm. Once you get used to the ins and outs of sex, it should be a lot more comfortable and fun.

Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

You can revert back to me directly through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326