What causes pain in the right upper arm?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having pain in my right upper arm in the muscle just below the shoulder joint.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be a pinched nerve in the neck or frozen shoulder.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms and based on that there are two possibilities-1. Pinched nerve in the neck region, which is often due to disc bulges, and causes pain in the arm; 2. Frozen shoulder, which is common in diabetics, leading to pain in shoulder and arm, especially exaggerated with shoulder movements.

Clinical examination, followed by MRI (if needed) can help confirm the diagnosis.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in