What causes pain in the leg muscle?
likely to be due to a nerve root compression
Thanks for your query.
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be due to a nerve root compression at back. You need to get an MRI scan of the area done and consult a neurophysician for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Back strengthening exercises and stretching exercises daily as advised by a Physiotherapist.
- Avoid exercises in times of pain.
- Improvise your posture while sitting.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- What relieves the cramped muscle in the leg causing pain
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes leg pain at night