What causes pain in left side of tongue and sleeplessness?
Sleep hygiene measures
It is not easy to work in shifts and also not easy to adapt to the changing shift. The body has an internal clock when to sleep and when to wake up. it is difficult to operate it against the circardian rythm. But then if the shifts are constantly changing you should complain. If the shifts are constant for certain days and then you have a gap to shift to the next work schedule you should probably adopt to it. Any changes to your circadian rhythm should be made gradually from two days to three days.
People adapt easily or completely to such schedules. It’s not uncommon for such people to suffer from shift work sleep disorder (SWSD). Sleep loss and fatigue are some of the most significant problems. But then you should adopt some sleep hygiene measures. Sleep in your bedroom and avoid using it for other activities such as watching television, eating and working; adjust the bedroom temperature to a comfortable level, cool conditions improve sleep. Use heavy curtains, to darken the bedroom; disconnect the phone; ask your family not to disturb you and to keep the noise down when you are sleeping; discuss your work pattern with close neighbors and ask them to try and avoid noisy activities during your sleep time. You can browse for sleep hygiene measures and start following them sooner.
Regarding the medical certificate it needs a follow up with one doctor who advise the same measures for few months and if you go back with no betterment, then you can ask for a medical certificate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeplessness causes
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- Sleeplessness arms pain chest pain breathlessness what is it
- What causes sleeplessness in a 5 year old
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- Remedy for stomach and lower back pain causing sleeplessness
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- Pain in the shoulder causing sleeplessness solution
- Back pain causing sleeplessness advised mri what do i do
- What can cause sleeplessness