What causes pain in elbow joints?

Posted on Tue, 3 Mar 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my elbow joints. I pick something up and it hurts and i feel weak in my arms,
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most likely lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow).

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing healthcaremagic for posting your query.

I'm Dr. Sudhir Kumar.

I have gone through your question in detail and understand your concern. You are most likely having lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow ). In this condition there is tenderness on outer bony point ( lateral epicondyle)of elbow. Treatment of this is rest to joint ( not to do lifting and activities involving muscular action) and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. If not relieved by this then I found injection triamcilone locally along with above treatment with good results in my clinical practice. You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Similar is medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow) in which there is tenderness on inner bony point ( medial epicondyle)of elbow. Treatment is similar.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

Wishing you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 36 minutes later
It's more medial but in both elow joints. Started in one. Now in both. What causes this. How did I get it.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
medial epicondylitis (golfer 's elbow).

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back
As it is medial so it is likely to be medial epicondylitis (golfer 's elbow). These are generally due to over work and repetitive activities and overexertion. Treatment as already discussed is rest to joint and analgesic.
Rest has already been discussed.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
https://www.bit.ly/askdrsudhirortho

Wishing you a good health

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon