• question-icon

Suggest treatment for golfer's elbow

Posted on Mon, 21 Mar 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have golfer's elbow in my right elbow. I've been self treating it for a couple months but still feel pain when I strike a golf ball. My doc has referred me to a physical therapist but I haven't gone yet. I've been applying ice every night. Also I've been exercising with a device that has a weight which you roll up on a rope with your hands and wrists. I've had some improvement but wondering if there's more I could do speed healing and get me back to playing golf without pain. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rest and physiotherapy are important...pain killers can help when needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

Golfer's elbow may take some months to get perfectly better... during recovery phase one is recommended to stop playing Golf this helps the elbow to recover without any further damage.

Other thing which can speed up the recovery is physiotherapy, certain excercises can make sore tissues in the elbow get better and relax this can improve pain much.

You can use calcium vitamin D supplements to make bone tissue recovery faster.

But in all this scenario its very imprtant to give your elbow rest and undergo physiotherapy..better under a sports physiotherapist. Curing golfer's elbow is a gradual process and may take time but doing it right can save you from getting it again and again.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Dr. Muhammad Ahmad