What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
Would like to know what could be reason behind the pain and if we should consult some specialist (ortho etc.). Could it because of deficiency of any vital vitamins?
Could be growth pain but I suggest estimating vitamin D level
Welcome to HCM.
I agree with your pediatrician that it could be growth pains, but I also feel that as a parent your concern is also very valid.
I suggest estimating the level of vitamin D along with calcium also. Sometimes vitamin D deficiency can cause such type of pain.
If the level is deficient or insufficient it can be corrected by Vitamin D supplements given by oral route.
The Other possibility could be hypermobility of joints which is a very common and physiological phenomenon.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
I'm assuming I need to visit a Paediatrician when all the reports are available. Do I need to see Ortho?
1. You need to get the vitamin D and Calcium levels tested.
2. Hyper mobility is a physiological phenomenon.... you can consult your pediatrician regarding this.
3. You need not see an orthopedic surgeon regarding this.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- What cause of pain in both the testis
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What cause pain in both tragus
- What causes leg pain at night
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?