• question-icon

What causes numbness in the palm of a teenager?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My 15 year old son had an episode today with hand, specific palm numbness for few seconds, then moved to side of lip which also went away quickly and afterwards he got a headache. I gable him Advil and he said that he felt fine. I am concerbned with this.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Neurological evaluation and examination is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

I agree with the ER Doctor about a neurological evaluation for your son's condition, migraine may be one of the neurological disorders that may result in such symptoms.

In my opinion, conditions such seizures ( partial sensory ones ) should be considered and investigated further as well.

Besides neurological evaluation tests such EEG, brain MRI, may be necessary to achieve a correct diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical