What causes numbness and tingling sensation in the left foot?

Neurologist
Question
Hello I am a 41 yr old male. I am active and still play sports (soccer). Over the last few weeks I have had some symptoms that are concerning. I am having twitches on the right side of my face (cheek area) as well as feeling numbness and tingling in my left foot. Mainly my toes and it is progressively worse after prolonged sitting. The tingling doesn't hurt nor does my face. However, I am even more concerned because over the weekend I fell walking out of into my garage down the stairs. Not sure what happened other than just missed a step. I am not a clumsy person but next thing I know I am on my back on the garage floor. I was not injured but I am worried something is going on. I did not trip on the step or anything. Just went down.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
The facial twitching may be hemifacial spasm or partial seizures. The movements needs to be recorded.
The tingling in lower limb may be due to nerve root compression in lumbar region.
Examination maybe required by a neurologist.
Imaging of spine should be done.
Pain modulator drugs like pregabalin or Gabapentin can be taken.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist