• question-icon

What causes numbness and tingling sensation in the hands?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi, My question is what is going on with my hands. My fingers are numb, they tingle a lot .and I hava a hard time picking up small things also the underside of my fingers look like they have been in a water all day. The tingling is mostly in the tip of the fingers.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. This numbnes sin fingers at age of 80 could be due to many reasons. it could be age related neuropathy, a pinched nerve or some metabolic disorder underneath. It needs some work up to find the underlying cause and supportive treatment with iron folates and B12 supplements and neuropathic pain killers like gabapentin and some duloxetine which helps alot with peripheral numbness in this age. Consult your doctor and let them run soem tests to find out the possible cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

han
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan