What causes nightmares when sleeping on the back?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
You describe nightmares when sleeping on your back, which resolve when you turn onto your side. There is no clear medical reason for this phenomenon you describe. It may be that your body is more comfortable in REM sleep when you are on your back, which is the phase of sleep in which dreams occur. Perhaps the nightmares signal your body to turn, which then wakes you up and stops the nightmare. Either way, I would not worry too much about this -- nightmares usually don't stay long, and should go away on their own.
Please rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of lower back pulsating when pregnant
- Cause of back pain while sleeping
- What causes a splotchy back
- What causes allergy in back
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes brusing on lower back
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes pain in the back of head when laughing
- What causes fluttering in the back of the head
- What causes back spasms