• question-icon

    How can rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder be treated?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Sleep Disorders
Question: Once in a while, I have a bad dream and punch to protect myself. I have recently punched my wife on the arm. She yells at me and I wake up immediately. What to do?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think there is need to see sleep specialist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description there is good possibility to believe that you are acting out dreams which is indicative of RBD or REM sleep behavior disorder.

The disorder once diagnosed is easy to treat but often occurs in association with some neurodegenerative disorder which needs to be ruled out before starting treatment.

I request you to see a sleep therapist in your city without delay.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3157 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Rem

doctor1 MD

non narcotic prescription sleep aid that doesn't interfer with REM or XXXXXXX sleep?

doctor1 MD

I have questions about the connections between antidepressants, REM sleep behavior disorder, and Parkinson’s and other motor disorders. Let me give...

doctor1 MD

20 month old male has heart murmur. When the child gets really upset he will start to cry but, he will not breathe. He will then get stiff ie.....

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir/Madam, I would really like to get a professional opinion regarding my fiancé’s sleeping habits. I have, on more than a few occasions,...

doctor1 MD

I am a 28 year old male, 5 ll, 160. I have had a heart murmur my whole life.. I was born with a hole in my heart that healed on its own. if the...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

168 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ashok Kumar
  • Q - How to have a successful sexual intercourse?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for OCD

  • Q - Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?

  • Q - What causes sensitivity to sun light?

  • Q - Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction

  • Q - Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin

  • Q - Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

  • Q - How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?

  • Q - What causes erectile dysfuntion?