What causes nerve pain in hands and wrists?

Oncologist
Question
Hi doctor, I am experiencing nerve pain in hands and wrists that now appears to be moving throughout my body. It's lasted over a week. Now I cannot sleep. I have taken 10 mg of ciprelex, bit it has not helped. I have tramadol from a past affliction, but unsure if ai should take with the ciprelex?
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Monish De 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
buprenorphine 20 mg transdermal patch

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having nerve pain in hands and wrists which is now moving throughout your body and Cipralex and tramadol have not helped i would recommend buprenorphine 20 mg transdermal patch for you.

You can apply one patch to a dry, non-irritated, non-hairy area of your skin on your upper body such as your chest, upper back, or the outside of your arms. Leave it in place for seven days and then remove it and replace it with a new patch, but apply the replacement patch to a different area of skin on your upper body. Avoid using the area from where you have removed the patch for at least three weeks. Continue to replace your patches once a week, on the same day of the week.

Hope i have answered your query.

DR De